Behind every successful operation is a group of individuals committed to supporting Team Rubicon Canada’s (TRC) mission of helping those affected by disasters. We call them the Support Squad.
The Support Squad allows us to forecast and plan responses, training, and capabilities further into the future. Impact made possible by our Support Squad includes deploying volunteers to disaster zones, mucking out flooded homes, training and equipping chainsaw operators, and outfitting strike teams.
A steady stream of support will enable us to be more aggressive when responding to disasters and deploy more Greyshirts and resources when needed.
Your donations fuel TRC’s Ready Reserve Fund, which increases the efficiency and capacity of our disaster response and humanitarian efforts. It is mission critical that TRC responds quickly to any crisis. Your investment in the Ready Reserve supports TRC in several ways:
- Longevity: Future challenges will radically differ. The Ready Reserve ensures that TRC can adapt over the long term to new crises.
- Stability: Donating to the Ready Reserve enables TRC to expect the unexpected. Stability is paramount, especially in disaster relief, where new tools, equipment, and training are needed.
- Impact: The Ready Reserve is essential to the work of TRC. It allows the board, staff, and Greyshirts to make a difference by putting the mission first and serving those most affected by disasters.
Benefits of the Support Squad include:
- All monthly donors will get a handwritten thank-you card from a staff member within six months of signing on.
- TRC will share additional content and swag at key times throughout the calendar year.
- You are extremely important to TRC, so we ensure all Support Squad members can directly access TRC staff, who will respond to all inquiries within three business days.
For questions, please contact d[email protected]
Ready to make a difference for those impacted by disaster?
Yes. Team Rubicon Canada is a registered Canadian Charity (CRA# 75596 8096 RR0001), and your donation is tax-deductible within the Canadian Income Tax Act guidelines. To claim a donation as a deduction on Canadian taxes, please keep your email donation receipt as your official record. We’ll send it to you upon successful completion of your donation.
Is my donation secure?
Absolutely. The security and confidentiality of your information is our highest priority. We use industry-standard technology to protect your information and provide a safe and secure environment for online donations. We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information with anyone else nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. We will only share personal data if you have given us specific permission.
Will I get a receipt?
A donation receipt will be sent to you at the email address you provide on this form. Please be sure to keep a copy of your receipt for tax purposes. If you select a monthly donation, you will be sent an individual receipt at the end of the month when your donation is processed. You will also receive a consolidated receipt at the end of each fiscal year (February) listing your donation total. Please contact us at [email protected] to request a copy of your receipt and provide your full name and email address.
What should I know when I make a monthly donation?
Donations will be withdrawn on the day you sign up and will be followed each month on the same day. You can cancel at any time. While we are looking for donors to stay with us long-term, we understand that as time goes on, priorities change; accordingly, there is no cost or obstacle to cancelling a donation.
How will my donation be used?
Your donation allows us to respond rapidly to disasters and humanitarian crises in Canada and abroad. It also allows us to train and prepare for emergencies so we can respond at a moment’s notice. 100% of your donation will be used to support our mission.
Why give a monthly donation instead of a one-time donation?
Team Rubicon Canada is lucky to have a core group of kick-ass supporters and donors! Without whom, our mission is impossible. We appreciate the commitment of one-time donors; however, our organization constantly faces new and unpredictable challenges. We ask for monthly donors to prepare for future crises and plan long-term.